The moments captured in this work plays freely and reproduces spontaneously...
The progress of time can be brutal. Sound requires time but it does not need to be restricted by time and its progression. The moments captured in this work plays freely and reproduces spontaneously.
I have been creating works using a multi-channel sound system. This was the system I used to seek the possibility of freeing the sound field. However, the more I explored the system, the more it became apparent of the limitations of the system (hard and soft), budget and exhibition space (I would imagine that these issues can be solved over time). The system no longer existed to enrich my artistic expression. My creative process became the investigation of what I could do with the system. (This is the typical obstacle artists face when it comes to technology)
- Audio cables, 60 channels of speakers, electronic substrate, glass fiber mesh, wires
- Engineer : Mitsuhito Ando
- Drafting : Ken Hirose (TWOTONE)
- Production/Installation : SUPER FACTORY Inc.
- Photography : So Mitsuya
- Special Thanks : Reiri Kojima, Gallery 38