World premiere of the 22.2 channel piece in a special acoustic setting Unveiled in volume 16 of the ”scopic measure” series introducing promising young artists’ installations and other pioneering projects that challenge the boundaries of art, is a sound installation by voice artist Miyu Hosoi.
The work is based on a musical piece of the same title, which was mainly created by Hosoi herself. The piece was composed with the idea in mind that it is listened to in a special 22.2 multichannel setting combining 22 regular and two low-frequency speakers. Hosoi’s voice is interwoven into a three-dimensional soundscape of variously textured voices, making the result sound as though there were multiple performers involved. Within an acoustic setting as described above, this time the piece is presented for the first time ever in the form of a sound installation.
- Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media [YCAM]
- Concept / Voice / Recording : Miyu Hosoi
- Composer : Chikara Uemizutaru
- Mixing : Toshihiko Kasai(studio ATLIO), Misaki Hasuo
- Mastering : Moe Kazama(studio ATLIO)
- Assistant : Akihiro Iizuka(studio ATLIO)
- 3D Audio Design : Misaki Hasuo
- 3D Audio System : Jiro Kubo(ACOUSTIC FIELD INC.)
- Photo: Yasuhiro Tani
- Photo Courtesy: Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media[YCAM]